First the best news: What God has done for us.
● John 3:16-17 - For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life. For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world through Him might be saved.
● Romans 5:6 - when we were still without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.
● John 1:12 – But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, to those who believe in His name:
Second, the bad news: Our condition without Him.
● Romans 5:12 - just as through one man (Adam) sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned—
● Romans 3:23 – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God,
● Romans 6:23 – For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Third, the good news: What we can do to receive Him.
● Romans 10:8-10 – But what does it say? (“The word is near you, in your mouth and in your heart” that is, the word of faith which we preach): that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
● Ephesians 2:8-9 – For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, not of works, lest anyone should boast.
● Matthew 10:32 – “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven.
● 1 John 5:11-13 – And this is the testimony: that God has given us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He who has the Son has life; he who does not have the Son of God does not have life. These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God.
A prayer to receive Him and give your life to Him would be like this:
“Father God, in Jesus name I come to You. Thank You for sending Jesus to die in my place for all my wrongdoings and sins. And Lord Jesus, because You rose again unto eternal life, I believe in my heart and confess with my mouth that You are my Lord. I receive Your love for me and Your gift of eternal life. Thank You for forgiving me of all my faults and failures and sins. I give my life to You and I open to the assurance of the Holy Spirit that I am now Your child. I ask this in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.”